Thomas Gould Alvord Jr.1
M, #755, b. 23 March 1763, d. 23 June 1835
|Birth*||Thomas Gould Alvord Jr. was born on 23 March 1763 at Farmington, Hartford County, Connecticut.2 |
|He was the son of Thomas Gould Alvord and Keziah Orvis.2,1 |
|Military*||Thomas Gould Alvord Jr. was a gunner in Capt. Joseph Thomas's Co., Col John Lamb's (23nd Artillery) regiment alongside his father Thomas Gould Alvord. Based on muster rolls for Feb., March and April 12781, dated West Point. He enlisted during the war presumably in February 1781 at Massachusetts.3 |
|Marriage*||He married Nancy Scoughton on 17 June 1783 at Hartford County, Connecticut.4 |
|Cens1790*||Thomas Gould Alvord Jr. appeared on the 1790 Federal Census of Farmington, Hartford County, Connecticut, with a household listed as with one male 16 and upward, 2 males less than 16 and 2 females 16 and upward 1790.5 |
|Death*||He died on 23 June 1835 at Homer, New York, at age 72.6,1 |
- [S74] Various authors, "Lansing Family LDS Data and Sheets", Compilation date is unknown (unknown compiler's address). Unknown comments. Hereinafter cited as "Lansing Family LDS Data and Sheets". (REF 074).
- [S182] Samual Morgan Alvord, Alvord Genealogy (1908; reprint 148 Washington Street, Salem, MA 01970: Higginson Book Company, on demand), pages 101-102. Hereinafter cited as Alvord Genealogy. (REF 182).
- [S369] MA Secretary of the Commonwealth, Massachusetts Soldiers and Sailors of the Revolutionary War (18 Post Office Square, Boston, MA: Wright & Potter Printing Co., State printers, 1896), page 212. Hereinafter cited as Massachusetts Soldiers and Sailors of the Revolutionary War. Ref 369.
- [S182] Samual Morgan Alvord, Alvord Genealogy, pages 167-168. (REF 182).
- [S189] Thomas Alvord Jr. household, 1790 US Census, Hartford, Connecticut, page 504, line 50, National Archives micropublication M637_1-0652, as viewed on Ancestry,com. (CEN 189).
- [S182] Samual Morgan Alvord, Alvord Genealogy, page 167-8. (REF 182).
- [S182] Samual Morgan Alvord, Alvord Genealogy, page 167-168. (REF 182).