Thomas Gould Alvord1
M, #472, b. 1 March 1742, d. 18 May 1810
|Note*||Thomas Gould Alvord Person Source.3 |
|Birth*||He was born on 1 March 1742 at Durham, Middlesex County, Connecticut.2,1 |
|He was the son of Asahel Alvord and Rachel Gould.2 |
|Marriage*||Thomas Gould Alvord married Keziah Alvord, daughter of Ebenezer Orvis and Elizabeth Root, on 12 August 1762 at Farmington, Hartford County, Connecticut.4 |
|Milit-Beg*||Thomas Gould Alvord began military service on 1 March 1777 at Hartford, Connecticut, He enlisted as a Serjeant in Captain Judd's Company of the Third Regiment "Connecticut Line" for the duration of the war. He was exchanged for Gabriel Leverich on April 23, 1781.5,1 |
|Military*||He was in the NY Line - Artillery Regiments (not identified) under Lieut. Col. Ebenezer Stevens between 1781 and 1783. The Line was commanded by Col. Goose van Schaick. He was also a Seargent in the company of Joseph Thomes, Col John Lamb's (2nd Artillery) regt. This is based on muster rolls for February, March and April 1781, dated West Point.6,1,7 |
|Milit-End*||He ended military service on 23 April 1783 at New York.5,6 |
|Cens1790*||He appeared on the 1790 Federal Census of Farmington, Hartford County, Connecticut, with a household listed as with 3 males 16 and upward, 2 males less than 16 and 3 females 16 and upward 1790.8 |
|Marriage*||He married Hannah Hart, daughter of Thomas Hart and Hannah coe.4 |
|Death*||Thomas Gould Alvord died on 18 May 1810 at Homer, Cortland County, New York, at age 68.1 |
|Keziah Orvis b. 4 August 1743, d. 21 September 1795|
|Marriage*||He married Keziah Alvord, daughter of Ebenezer Orvis and Elizabeth Root, on 12 August 1762 at Farmington, Hartford County, Connecticut.4 |
- Thomas Gould Alvord Jr.+4,9 b. 23 Mar 1763, d. 23 Jun 1835
- Arklymeny Alvord4 b. 15 Jul 1765
- Ebenezer Alvord4 b. 27 Aug 1767, d. 2 Jan 1844
- Charles Alvord4 b. 27 Aug 1769
- Keziah Alvord4 b. 27 Aug 1771, d. Aug 1837
- Elisha Alvord4 b. 18 Sep 1773, d. 10 Jul 1846
- Dioclesian Alvord4 b. 8 Feb 1776, d. 10 Mar 1868
- Eunice Alvord4 b. 13 Sep 1778, d. 8 Sep 1839
- Son Alvord4 b. 13 Sep 1778, d. Oct 1778
- Arbella Alvord4 b. 11 Jan 1781, d. Jun 1866
- Asahel Alvord4 b. 25 May 1784, d. 26 Nov 1849
- Harvey Alvord4 b. 24 Aug 1786, d. 1813
- [S366] Lineage application of Thomas Gould Alvord Sr, national # 65958, DAR, as downloaded from DAR website.
- [S182] Samual Morgan Alvord, Alvord Genealogy (1908; reprint 148 Washington Street, Salem, MA 01970: Higginson Book Company, on demand), pages 60-61. Hereinafter cited as Alvord Genealogy. (REF 182).
- [S73] LDS, Family Search Pedigree Resource File CD 23 (Salt Lake City, UT: (Salt Lake City, UT: Intellectual Reserve, Inc., 2001), various). Hereinafter cited as Pedigree Resource File CD 23.
- [S182] Samual Morgan Alvord, Alvord Genealogy, pages 101-102. (REF 182).
- [S367] Adjtants General Connecticut, Record of Service of Connecticut Men in the War of the Revolution, War of 1812, Mexican War (Hartford, Connecticut: State of Connecticut, 1889), page 169. Hereinafter cited as Record of Service of Connecticut Men . MIL 367.
- [S368] NY office of State Comptroller, New York in the Revolution as Colony and State, Vol 1 (Albany, NY: J. B. Lyon Company, 1904), page 65. Hereinafter cited as New York in the Revolution. MIL 368.
- [S369] MA Secretary of the Commonwealth, Massachusetts Soldiers and Sailors of the Revolutionary War (18 Post Office Square, Boston, MA: Wright & Potter Printing Co., State printers, 1896), page 212. Hereinafter cited as Massachusetts Soldiers and Sailors of the Revolutionary War. Ref 369.
- [S189] Thomas Alvord household, 1790 US Census, Hartford, Connecticut, page 502, line 50, National Archives micropublication M637_1-0652, as viewed on Ancestry,com. (CEN 189).
- [S74] Various authors, "Lansing Family LDS Data and Sheets", Compilation date is unknown (unknown compiler's address). Unknown comments. Hereinafter cited as "Lansing Family LDS Data and Sheets". (REF 074).