M, #140, b. circa 1835, d. 21 January 1901
|Birth*||Thomas Holding was born circa 1835.1 |
|Marriage*||He married Elizabeth Vaughan, daughter of Isaac Vaughan and Sarah Green, on 14 February 1874 at Christ Church, West Bromwich, Stafford, England. At the time of the wedding Thomas was 37 and employed as a blacksmith. Elizabeth was a spinster. Thomas's father was a blacksmith and Elizabeth's father was a Charter Master.2 |
|Occupation||Thomas Holding was a blacksmith in 1881 at West Bromwich, Staffordshire, England.3 |
|Residence*||He lived in 1881 at 27 Parsonage Street, All saints Parish, England.4 |
|Cens UK 1881*||He and Elizabeth Holding appeared on the 1881 Federal Census of 27 Parsonage St., West Bromwich, Black, Staffordshire, England, enumerated 1881.3 |
|Occupation*||Thomas Holding was a collery smith in 1884.5 |
|Note*||He was a widower in 1891.6 |
|Death*||He died on 21 January 1901 at West Bromwich South West, West Bromwich, Stafford, England. The informant was his son, Wm. J. Holding. His occupation at the time was given as a blacksmith. The cause of death was intestinal obstruction and shock 6 hours after laparotomy.1 |
- [S144] Copy death certificate of Thomas Holding, died 21 Jan 1901, registered 1901 in the Registration District of West Bromwich (General Register Office, London, 68) . (DEA 0144).
- [S19] Transcript of the Certified Copy of an Entry of Marriage of the West Bromwich Parish Church, 1844 (General Register Office, London , ) ( MAR 019).
- [S410] Thomas Holding household, 1881 England Census, West Bromwich, Black County, population schedule, Enumeration District (ED) RG 11/2850, source 112, folio 18, page Holding, NATIONAL ARCHIVES MICROPUBLICATION , as seen on Ancestry.com. (CEN 410).
- [S24] Letter from Anthony J. Camp (Society of Genealogists 37 Harrington Gardens London, SW7 4JX) to Raymond Farr, 21 Jul 1978; Copies held by Richard and Nancy Webb (621 Hawick Rd., Raleigh, Wake County, North Carolina). (RES 024).
- [S282] Copy death certificate of Elizabeth Vaughan, died 24 Feb 1884, registered 28 Feb 1884 in the Registration District of West Bromwich (General Register Office, London, DYC 097924) . (DEA 282).
- [S78] Thomas Holding household, 1891 Census England, 1891 UK Census, Staffordshire, population schedule, Enumeration District (ED) West Bromwich, folio Public Records Office, page 100, family 24, NATIONAL ARCHIVES MICROPUBLICATION , as viewed on Ancestry.com, 24. (CEN 078).