M, #1051, b. 10 April 1765, d. 21 August 1843
|Birth*||Silas Burke was born on 10 April 1765.2,1 |
|Military*||He was in the Revolutionary War.3 |
|Marriage*||He married Martha Millington, daughter of John Millington and Eunice Doolittle, on 20 October 1792.1 |
|Cens1840*||Silas Burke appeared on the 1840 Federal Census of DeWitt, Onondaga County, New York, with a household listed as 1 male (70-80), 1 female (10-15) and 1 female (30-40).4 |
|Misc*||He was listed as having served in the Revolutionary War by the 1840 US Census on 1 June 1840 at New York.4 |
|Death*||He died on 21 August 1843 at age 78.5,2 |
|Burial*||He was buried in August 1843 at Dewitt Cemetery, Syracuse, Onondaga County, New York.2,1 |
- [S363] Lineage application of Silas Burke, national number 168543, DAR, downloaded from DAR website. REF 263.
- [S356] Silas Burk Cemetery Marker, Dewitt Cemetery, Syracuse, Onondaga County, New York; Find A Grave Website. (DEA356).
- [S364] The Genealogical Society, A Census of Pensioners For Revolutionary or Military Services (1841; reprint Baltimore, MD: Southern Book Company, 1989). Hereinafter cited as A Census of Pensioners For Revolutionary Service. (MIL 364).
- [S207] Enos Burke household, 1840 US Census, Onondaga, New York, page 251, line 14, National Archives micropublication Roll 317, as viewed on Ancestry,com. (CEN 207).
- [S355] Pension Payment Record of Silas Burk, unknown military unit, Revolutionary War (United States National Archive)"March 1835 to 1843". (MIL355).
- [S208] 1850 US Census, Onondaga, New York, , National Archives micropublication M432_570, as viewed on Ancestry,com. (CEN 208).