Ralph Mortimer Peck Jr.1
M, #64, b. 18 July 1915, d. 5 April 2007
|Birth*||Ralph Mortimer Peck Jr. was born on 18 July 1915 at 129 Parker Ave., Collingdale, Delaware County, Pennsylvania, Ralph was listed as the grandson to John and Eva Krasting in the 1930 census and was living with the Krastings at that time.1,2 |
|He was the son of Ralph Mortimer Peck and Lillian Ruth Krasting.1 |
|Cens1930*||Ralph Mortimer Peck Jr. appeared on the 1880 Federal Census of Aldan, Pennsylvania in the household of his grandparents Ralph Mortimer Peck Jr.2 |
|Milit-Beg*||He began military service on 8 May 1935 at Philadelphia, Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania, with the Limited Service Unit, 4th Reserve District, Marine Barracks as a Field Musician. He was subquently assigned to Company "A" and "B", Sixth Bn, Fleet Marine Corps Reserve Marine Baracks at the Philadelphia Navy Yard.3 |
|Marriage*||He married Margaret Helen Markhorst, daughter of Gerhardus John Albert Markhorst and Josephine (Johanna) Immaculata Cleary, on 1 January 1938. |
|Milit-End*||Ralph Mortimer Peck Jr. ended military service on 7 April 1939 at Philadelphia, Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania.4 |
|Death*||He died on 5 April 2007 at Chesterton, Kent, Maryland, at age 91.5 |
- [S332] Peck and Markhorst Families, manuscript, 2007, Ron Peck, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. MAN 332.
- [S90] John Krasting household, 1930 US Census, Delaware County, PA, population schedule, Aldan, Enumeration District (ED) 23-3, sheet 9B, dwelling 235, family 238, National Archives micropublication T626_2029, as viewed on Ancestry.com. ( CEN 090).
- [S329] Military record of Ralph M. Peck, 4th Reserve District Limited Service Unit, 1935 (United States National Archive)"Marine Barracks, Navy Yard, Philadelphia, PA". (MIL 329).
- [S330] Military Record of Ralph M. Peck, 4th Reserve District Limited Service Unit, 1939 (United States National Archive). (MIL 330).
- [S331] Ralph M. Peck, 173-05-6992, Social Security Death Index, (Washington, DC: Social Security Administration). as seen on Ancestry.com. Hereinafter cited as Peck, Ralph M. SSDI. DEA 331.