Mary Emma Bruce
F, #148, b. circa 1822, d. 10 December 1906
|Birth*||Mary Emma Bruce was born circa 1822 at England. [M.]; The Death Certificate indicates her age to be 77 in year of death which gives a birth year of 1829. The 1850 US Census give birth in 1823 and the 1841 England as 1822.3,4,5 |
|She was the daughter of James Bruce and Mariah Stewart.1,2 |
|Cens UK 1841*||Mary Emma Bruce appeared on the 1841 Federal Census of Village of Shadforth, Durham, England, enumerated 6 June 1841.4 |
|Marriage*||She married Fenwick Cooper, son of Matthew Cooper and Jane Wood, on 27 August 1849 at Shadforth Church, Shadforth, Durham, England.6 |
|Married Name|| As of 27 August 1849,her married name was Cooper.6 |
|Immigration*||Mary Emma Cooper and Fenwick Cooper immigrated on 4 October 1849 to New York, New York County, New York.7 |
|Cens1850*||Mary Emma Cooper and Fenwick Cooper appeared on the 1850 Federal Census of Blythe Township, Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania, enumerated 14 September 1850.8 |
|Cens1880*||Mary Emma Bruce and Fenwick Cooper appeared on the 1880 Federal Census of Mahanoy Twp., Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania, at Village of Coles, enumerated 12 June 1880.9 |
|Death*||Mary Emma Bruce died on 10 December 1906 at Mahanoy City, Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania.3 |
|Burial*||She was buried on 13 December 1906 at Odd Fellows Cemetary, Pottsville, Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania.3 |
- [S152] Copy marriage certificate of Fenwick Cooper and Mary Bruce, married 27 Aug 1849 in the Registration District of Durham (General Register Office, London, COL907354) MAR 152.
- [S158] 1841 Census England, Durham, NATIONAL ARCHIVES MICROPUBLICATION , as seen on Ancestry.com. (CEN 158).
- [S119] Mary Cooper, Death Certificate 10426 (24 Dec. 1906), Commonwealth of PA Dept. of Vital Statistics, PA Department of Health, Vital Statistics Office, Harrisburg, Dauphin County, Pennsylvania. Hereinafter cited as Death Certificate - Mary Cooper. DEA 119.
- [S158] James Bruce household, Village of Shadforth, Durham, population schedule, ED 23,source 6, folio 97, page Bruce. (CEN 158).
- [S153] 1850 US Census, Schulylkill, PA, population schedule,, National Archives micropublication M432_827, as viewed on Ancestry.com (CEN 153).
- [S152] Copy marriage certificate of Fenwick Cooper and Mary Bruce, 27 Aug 1849 "Marriage was solmnized at Shadforth Church in the Chapelry of Shadforth." MAR 152.
- [S151] Jacob A. Funke entry; Ship Entrepide Ships Register, 4 Oct 1849 (New York, NY: Port of New York). (IMM 151).
- [S153] Fenwick Cooper household, Blythe Township, Schulylkill, PA, population schedule,, sheet 245/133, dwelling 1924, family 1931 (CEN 153).
- [S180] Fenwick Cooper household, 1880 US Census, Village of Coles, Mahanoy Twp., Schuylkill, PA, population schedule, Enumeration District (ED) 193, sheet 16, dwelling 111, family 111, National Archives micropublication T9_1192-0038, as viewed on Ancestry.com. (CEN 180).