M, #147, b. 11 September 1825
|Birth*||Fenwick Cooper was born on 11 September 1825 at Washington, Durham, England.2 |
|He was the son of Matthew Cooper and Jane Wood.1 |
|Cens UK 1841*||Fenwick Cooper appeared on the 1841 Federal Census of Thornley part of, Keloe, Durham, England, in the household of his parents Fenwick Cooper and an unknown person.3 |
|Occupation*||He was employed as an engine man in 1849 at Durhan, England.1 |
|Marriage*||He married Mary Emma Bruce, daughter of James Bruce and Mariah Stewart, on 27 August 1849 at Shadforth Church, Shadforth, Durham, England.4 |
|Immigration*||Fenwick Cooper and Mary Emma Cooper immigrated on 4 October 1849 to New York, New York County, New York.5 |
|Occupation||Fenwick Cooper was employed as an engineer on 14 September 1850 at Blythe Township, Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania.6 |
|Cens1850*||He and Mary Emma Cooper appeared on the 1850 Federal Census of Blythe Township, Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania, enumerated 14 September 1850.6 |
|Cens1880*||Fenwick Cooper and Mary Emma Bruce appeared on the 1880 Federal Census of Mahanoy Twp., Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania, at Village of Coles, enumerated 12 June 1880.7 |
- [S152] Copy marriage certificate of Fenwick Cooper and Mary Bruce, married 27 Aug 1849 in the Registration District of Durham (General Register Office, London, COL907354) MAR 152.
- [S153] 1850 US Census, Schulylkill, PA, population schedule,, National Archives micropublication M432_827, as viewed on Ancestry.com (CEN 153).
- [S155] Matthew Cooper household, 1841 England Census, Thornley part of Keloe, Durhan, source Public Record Office, folio HO 107/313/14, page 66, family Cooper, NATIONAL ARCHIVES MICROPUBLICATION . (CEN 155).
- [S152] Copy marriage certificate of Fenwick Cooper and Mary Bruce, 27 Aug 1849 "Marriage was solmnized at Shadforth Church in the Chapelry of Shadforth." MAR 152.
- [S151] Jacob A. Funke entry; Ship Entrepide Ships Register, 4 Oct 1849 (New York, NY: Port of New York). (IMM 151).
- [S153] Fenwick Cooper household, Blythe Township, Schulylkill, PA, population schedule,, sheet 245/133, dwelling 1924, family 1931 (CEN 153).
- [S180] Fenwick Cooper household, 1880 US Census, Village of Coles, Mahanoy Twp., Schuylkill, PA, population schedule, Enumeration District (ED) 193, sheet 16, dwelling 111, family 111, National Archives micropublication T9_1192-0038, as viewed on Ancestry.com. (CEN 180).